Body bulkhead frame has been changed to allow for more comfortable accommodation of four persons (pilot and passengers) inside the cockpit. Nose gear and spring -fixation units of main gear legs have been modified, with aerodynamic shrouds installed on the gear wheels. Rudder design has been changed with a mass balance installed instead of horn balance compensation system. Counterweights have been installed onto elevation rudder. Fixation of horizontal fin to the tail boom and the tail boom itself have been reinforced. Design of plane control system has been changed.
Introducing the "SK-04 aircraft”:
SK-04 four-seat airplane belongs to the class of light civil aircrafts for standard general-purpose aviation. Requirements of plane airworthiness standards AP-23 and FAR-23 were taken in account in the plane design.
The airplane is a two-seat plane with rigidly-braced wing of parasol type, classic empennage and two engines with tractor rotors. Two Jabiru-2210 engines – gasoline, four-stroke, four-cylinder engines with air cooling. Two-blade wooden propellers are made by Silver Wings Ltd. Landing gears are adjustable front gear leg and shared braking of main spring-action leg wheels.
SK-04 airplanes can be used for various applications:
- passenger and cargo transportation;
- training and exercise flights, touristic and entertaining flights;
- inspections and environmental monitoring in forestries, in hunting and fishing sectors;
- aerial photography and area surveying;
- air patrol of rail roads, motorways, oil and gas piping and power transmission lines.
Only non-acrobatic flights are allowed for the plane, including:
- any maneuver required for a normal flight;
- tight turns with maximum bank angle of 60°.
Four doors available in the plane body and high wing position make getting on and off the plane easy, provide for comfortable position of pilot and passengers inside the plane and for good visibility in operational directions. Plane cockpit is equipped with two seats with three-point belts and a sofa with lap belts for passengers. A section for carry-on luggage is arranged in the rear of cockpit behind the sofa.
The cockpit section behind the pilots’ seats can be changed to arrange a cargo compartment or to install special equipment, upon agreement with customer.
Main characteristics of the airplane
|Maximum takeoff weight, kg||950|
|Weight of empty equipped plane, kg||500…540*|
|Fuel weight (2х60 l), kg||93|
|Maximum speed of level flight, km/h||190|
|Cruising speed, km/h||160|
|Stall speed with in-flight configuration, km/h||85|
|Initial climb, m/s||6|
|Flight distance, km||800|
|Operational overload range||
+3.8/-1.5, -0.5 (by engine)
|Takeoff distance / field length, m||150/350|
|Landing distance / field length, m||200/450|
|Range of operational temperatures, °С||-17… +40 (by engine)|
|Wind velocity: - front wind, m/s||15|
|- back wing, m/s||6|
|- side wind, m/s||6|
|Runway soil strength, kg/cm2||at least 5|
|Engines||2 units JABIRU-2210|
|Fuel type||95 RON|
|Average hourly fuel consumption, l/h||11…13|
*- depending on equipment package
Plane package version
Basic package version:
- airframe assy;
- powertrain: two cowled Jabiru 2210 engines with two-blade rotors;
- control system: dual system with opportunity to remove the RH control board, mechanical flap deployment, electric pitch trim;
- landing gears: adjustable front gear leg, spring-action main legs, aerodynamic shrouds on wheels, hydraulic shared braking system of main wheels;
- instrumentation (one set of instruments as per air service rules): speed pointer, climb indicator, altitude display, bank indicator, magnet compass, fuel tank level indicator;
- cockpit equipment: two hard seats for pilots with pilot’s three-point harness, sofa for passengers with two lap belts, cockpit ventilation with ambient air;
- plane trim/ decoration: white painting of the plane, grey painting of inner surfaces;
- operational documentation: Flight Crew Operation Manual, Operation Manual, aircraft log-book, engine log book, components certificates, weighing, rigging and control system adjustment reports.
In addition to the basic equipment package, the plane design can be modified for installation of additional equipment, with a limited set of supplement options.
- - instruments: second set of instruments as per air service rules (of any contents), combined instrument (horizon indicator+compass), radio station (aerial+headset), fuel computer, ampere meter, clock;
- - equipment: self-contained heater unit (cockpit ventilation + heating), lighting equipment (landing headlamp, navigation lights, instrument illumination, cockpit lamps), socket to connect aerodrome- supplied power line, adjustable louvers in Jabiru 2210 engine air ducts;
- - landing gears: skis for main and nose landing gears;
- – cockpit equipment: soft pilot’s seats, additional cockpit trimming;
- - aerodrome equipment: rudder screw clamps, set of covers, chocks, tool kit for plane and engine service;
- - airplane painting; customized painting, with logos and state license numbers.